Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Another day, another milestone

Today was surely a hallmark in my son's life and in my life as a mother.  At around 1 pm (naptime), I hesitantly (because of usual defiance from my son) walked down the stairs to get Park out of his play room for naptime.  As soon as I said let's go go take a nap buddy, he put his new favorite Thomas the Train toys away in a drawer, motioned for me to turn off the light, and ran up the stairs.  As we reached the hallway landing, I was sure Park would turn left towards the kitchen and want to snack.  Instead and to my stark surprise, he turned right and ran to his bedroom.  He then had a big smile on his face because he knew it was breastfeeding time (or in other words, his favorite bonding time).

He went down for his nap without a peep.

My son is getting so big.  I love moments like these in which you know that you have done something right when your son puts himself down for his afternoon nap!

Grateful and sleepy myself,

Mommy Bridget

No comments:

Post a Comment