Monday, March 22, 2010

Thinning out your seedlings

If any of you gardeners have begun planting you seedlings indoors (or outdoors), you may or may not have some sprouting occurring.  If so, apparently (I say this because I am clearly a rookie) you must thin out your seedlings once they appear strong.  You do this to allow for one plant to grow healthy and strong instead of a couple fighting for nutrients and space. 
In order to do this, you need to choose the strongest growth and cut back the others at soil level so you end up with one strong seedling per container.
In the meantime as my little veggies babies await transplantation into the garden bed outside, they stay in a super sunny and warm window nice and moist in rich, fertile soil.

I am so proud of my new little seedlings.  I can't believe how fast they grow!  As stated earlier, I am a rookie at growing anything so any input or advice is much appreciated!

Mommy Bridget

No comments:

Post a Comment