Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Domestication Mayhem

For some reason today, despite the beautiful weather, I felt like staying home and doing things around the house such as baking...not only because our bananas are more than ready to either bake with or toss into the garbage, but because I was feeling a little extra domesticated today:)  Oh, and my son LOVES to help!
As you can see, he doesn't mind one bit helping me "clean" up the mixing bowl.  Oh the days, I totally remember doing the same with my mom (love you Mom!)
I have also decided that if you are still reading this post, then you are special enough to have my secret Banana Bread recipe.  It's my grandmother's recipe that my mom made and now I make...and now you will make!  It's too good of a recipe to hang on to in secret.  If anyone eats banana bread it ought to be worth eating right!
So here it is:

Banana Bread

1 cup sugar (I use 3/4 cup)
1/2 cup butter
mix well
2 eggs
4 tbls. milk (I use vanilla soy milk but you can use any)
mix well
1 tsp. baking soda
3 mashed ripe bananas
mix well
opt. 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
2 cups flour
mix well


Butter and flour your bread pan prior to use.  Bake mixture at 350 degrees for 50 min.  Use toothpicks to be sure the bread is done.


Enjoy and be well!!!


Mommy Bridget

2 comments:

  1. I would bake too if I had a little helper that cute...

    but I do happen to have a bunch of bannas right now. :)

    ReplyDelete