Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Sniffle Sniffle

As my son woke up yesterday with a low-grade fever, a cough, and the sniffles...I tried to think back to WHO Park was around that could have passed on the cold his way.  In the past, whenever I was feeling the cold lurking in my body or saw the same in my son, I always forewarned anyone who might come our way.  Am I wrong in thinking that bringing your germs into our home without warning or so much as a concern is utterly rude? I guess some people are too wrapped up in their own lives that they don't bother to think about how it affects those around them.  (and depending on the virus type, exposing children to one of the many cold viruses does NOT necessarily "boost" their immune system...  it can suppress it by further decreasing its ability to fight off other viruses)  Nonetheless, he could have gotten the cold virus from anywhere!

And since it's a virus that the two of us are trying to fight off, there is no sense in going to the doctor because there is no "cure" for the common cold.  Fortunately, I was recommended a handful of years ago (thanks Jen) a great natural remedy and since then, a have only had a few short lived colds during that time.  See below:

  • put 10 drops eucalyptus essential oil and 5 drops tea tree oil into a humidifier during sleep time
  • I also put drops in the shower while I am in there and I breathe deep

 
I have done this for my 17 mo. old for the 3 colds he has had in his life and none of the viruses ever made it past a few days in his system.  The essential oils have anti fungal and antibacterial properties.  Gotta love the simplest and natural methods when dealing with our bodies!  If a cold befalls you this season, I really recommend trying this method.  Good luck!

Mommy Bridget

ps  oh and Mom, don't forget to fill that humidifier for Dad today:)

No comments:

Post a Comment