Saturday, February 5, 2011

Update: Our Winter Happenings

I figured since I've officially surpassed my 35 week gestation mark and my enthusiam for writing is seriously deteriorating at rapid speed, now would be a good time to update you all on my pregnancy and the James family happenings.

This morning was just like any other morning.  Park slept with us for the second half of the night...leaving Marshall and I sleepy from all the kicks we received as our tot slept soundly and continued to take over our very large bed.  (groggy, groggy but what's knew?)  I'm still getting over a furious chest cold, so I decided not to make any plans today, stay home, tend to the house and play with Park.  Park and I were able to color pictures together and test mommy's art skills while drawing items on his paper board and talking about them.  I've never claimed to be artistic, and it was no surprise as I attempted to draw fruit...but it was cute when Park pretended to eat the fruit on the paper and giggled as we talked about them.  So the drawing was worth every second of effort.  Silly Mom, silly boy...

We had an appointment for some painters to give us an estimate on repainting our exterior house at 10.  Therefore and oh so efficiently, at 9 am, my son had what my mom so cleverly labeled as a "poonami" in his pants.

It was a disaster zone and I had very little time to take care of the situation.

Up and down and all around the poo went...until I realized the only way to clean my son from the poonami that overtook his body was to first rinse, then bath.  Sounds simple right?  Wrong.  Removing the clothes was interesting.  The poo fell to the bathroom rugs.  Great.  So I stood him in the tub and did a head to toe rinse of his little body all the while he cried because of the poo that surrounded him.  Next, I had to clean the tub of the poo before Park could bathe.  THEN, I was able to let my sweet little man take a hot soapy bath while I dismantled my bathroom and began the hot washes in the washing machine.  After everything was said and done, I had successfully removed any poonami evidence from my son and the house.  (Not to mention a check mark off the item "deep clean bathroom" from my To-do List Before Baby Arrives).  With a few minutes remaining, I had to get myself appropriately dressed in time for the painters to arrive.  Whew!

Just another day in the life of a Mom right?!!!  And I learned a new word from it:  "Poonami".  Thanks Mom!

I had my 35 week appointment with my lovely midwife Danielle yesterday and was able to go alone for the first time in months.  It felt like a vacation, despite the fact that I am HUGE right now and yucky sick.  My spirits were up, and even more so after I got to hear my son's heartbeat again.  All is well in new baby land!  I'm just so excited to meet this little guy.  I feel so blessed right now to know we get to meet him very soon and that Park gets to be a big brother.  Park loves to check in with my belly, he tries to hug it although I don't think his arms are able to reach very far around.  He kisses it and sometimes waves hello (he is just barely starting to say "hello" verbally...and usually only while he is pretending to talk to someone on his cell phone). 

Park is going to be in the shock of his life with a new baby around.  I'm so used to calling him my baby all the time, I still hold him quite a bit and jeez, he is still in diapers!  I'm trying to remember to call him a "big boy" as often as possible since we will have a new baby coming into the family soon (although he will always be a baby to me:)  Since Park loves to help, loves to clean up and loves to cuddle, I know he will prove to be a big help to all of us when baby arrives.  I just hope he doesn't get too jealous of the attention and doesn't try to hurt baby.  He already shows signs of jealousy when I give other children attention over him not to mention that he gets really nervous around smaller kids and crying kids.  I guess this will be the best way he gets used to babies!

After being busy for the entire month of January, my husband is officially done with the craziness at work and we get to spend time with him again.  I cannot even tell you how hard it is to be alone to tend to your child all day all night for days at a time.  I give so much credit to single parents and others who like I, have hard working husbands.  Your sanity definitely gets tested...let me tell ya!  I think the hardest part is seeing your son looking out the window waiting for his "Dada" to come home from work only to be told that he has to work late yet again.  The disappointment in Park's little face is heart wrenching.  My son and his father have such a special's like looking at mirror images of the same person young and old.  When they are not together, it's like a spark is gone.  I am so blessed to have such a doting father to my children.  (Pictured here is one special day Park got to go with his Daddy to work for a bit and "help".)

As for me, I am moving along with everything...motherhood, pregnancy, my responsibilities, my blog, MY LIFE.  Not a day goes by that I don't feel grateful for everything I have surrounding me, for every beautiful person in my life, for the health of my family and for the opportunities constantly knocking at my door.  Thank you to all of you again for your support on my blog.  I hope that all of you feel the same happiness as I.  I look forward to future work and connections with all of you through The Curious Case of Mommyhood...

Truly yours,

Mommy Bridget

No comments:

Post a Comment