A birth plan is a communication tool that may include the following items so everyone understands your preferences for labor and delivery.
- How would you like to manage your labor?
- How do you feel about monitoring devices?
- Will you need to be induced?
- How do you feel about pain medication?
- What if a Cesarean becomes necessary?
- Would you like to avoid an episiotomy?
- Do you want cameras/video cameras? Music?
- How should Baby be handled immediately after birth?
For a great source to fill out your birth plan, go to www.birthplan.com and after registered (which is completely free) you can begin to fill it out at any time. You can save your plan, make changes when needed and print it out when the time is necessary.
Just a little tip from the Curious Mommy...with birth plan ready in hand!!!