Thursday, February 3, 2011

Recipe: Roasted Chicken

I came across some great recipes in the recent Sunset magazine and had to give this one a try.  My husband has been begging for canned cranberries...I know...so I thought I would make a chicken with greens and his cranberries for dinner last night.

The chicken recipe turned out phenomenal.  It roasted just the way we like...crispy on the outside, the meat literally fell off the bone and loads of flavor.  So for you meat eaters out there, I thought I should share:)

You can find the exact recipe by clicking here.  In short terms, I first mixed sea salt and pepper and rubbed it under the skin and all over the skin.  Next, I set it in the refrigerator for 2 days covered loosely.  Then, I pulled it out, seasoned it with chicken seasoning and some rosemary we have on hand in our kitchen, rubbed olive oil all over it and let it set at room temperature for 30 minutes.  Finally, I baked it at 475 for an hour and voila!  Perfection!

Enjoy,

Mommy Bridget

No comments:

Post a Comment