Diaper Envy's Bummis Training Pant and Allens Naturally Detergent: A Review
Diaper Envy, an online cloth diapering store, carries everything you need to effectively cloth diaper your little ones. Along with popular cloth diapering systems, they also carry products to ease your cloth diapering experience. They carry cloth diapering accessories such as wet/dry bags and effective cloth diapering laundry soap and for those of you who need assistance in your laundering needs, they also offer a cloth diapering cleaning service in the state of New York. What a great idea!
Diaper Envy carries top name brand cloth diapering products such as Fuzzibunz, Bummis, Happy Heinys, Allens Naturally, Rockin' Green, OsoCozy, Snappi and Planet Wise. Diaper Envy truly is a one stop shopping experience that covers all your cloth diapering needs. What more could you ask for?!
Diaper Envy was established in 2009 by two new parents who believed that cloth diapering was a safer alternative from using disposable diapers. They also found that cloth diapering was significantly less in overall cost and had less of an environmental impact than traditional disposable diapers. After finding cloth diapering was a win-win situation, they wanted to share their experience with other parents. What better way than to have an online store that helps with all cloth diapering needs!
Diaper Envy answers all of your cloth diapering questions and provides answers from those experienced in cloth diapering. They also offer an online community of others who cloth diaper. By becoming a "member" of Diaper Envy, you can join a social cloth diapering network of other like minded individuals. And believe me when I say speaking to others with cloth diapering experience is a crucial part to successful cloth diapering. In my experience I still need all the support I can get!
We had the opportunity, once again, to review more remarkable products from Diaper Envy: the Bummis Training Pant and Allens Naturally Detergent.
Bummis Training Pant
- Training Pant Easy potty training!
- Easy for little ones to put on and take off with ease by themselves! All the protection you need - but without a lot of bulk.
- Stretchy lycra bindings around the legs and tummy for a comfortable and customized fit.
- Soft polyester knit on the outside and an interior layer of super strong and durable waterproof laminate
- Bummis Brand cozy flannel lining is so soft against a baby’s skin, yet does not prevent the child from feeling the moisture - so that your little one is encouraged to potty train faster!
- 2 layers of absorbent terry padding right where it counts! Thirsty enough to absorb even a major spill.
- Wash and dry at normal temperatures in washer and dryer. Please avoid fabric softeners, chlorine bleach, or any other whitening agents. Be sure to wash and rinse with enough hot water in order to eliminate detergent residue and wash your cloth diapers clean. Your Training Pant should not retain odors, and if it does, please check out our washing information or call us for help!
- Available in a fun Jungle print.
As you all know, potty training can take some time and if you are using disposable training pants, can get quite costly. We began our potty training in early January one weekend and couldn't believe how often we were having to change Park's clothing. We had no idea that he was going potty every 15 minutes and didn't realize we would be spending so much time literally in the bathroom. Although we felt we had a successful introduction to using the potty, we also realized potty training would take some time, some extra patience and the need for training pants. And so I coughed up the dough and purchased 2 different brands of training pants.
Although handy, disposable training pants are VERY absorbent and tight fitted therefore much to much like regular diapers. I also don't like that they are disposable and was having to toss them in the trash after each use...adding to our landfills. So we were so thrilled to review the Bummis Training Pant from Diaper Envy. Not only is the Bummis Training Pant cloth and reusable, they have worked well as a reminder for Park to use the potty instead of going in his pants.
We chose the size small for Park. The size small says it fits 20-30 pounds but even though I'm assuming my son weighs about 30 pounds, the pant is still quite large on him. He is very tall and thin so that might have something to do with the sizing but it also might be intentional as Park is VERY aware of what he is wearing. It serves as a great reminder to use the potty!!! If you are looking into purchasing the Bummis Training Pant, I recommend choosing a smaller size.
Overall, we love the Bummis Training Pant. The diaper was much, much easier for Park to pull up and down than the disposable brands because it is made with stretchy lycra. He was able to use the training pant like little underwear but without the worry of having an accident in them. The pant is lightweight yet still absorbent enough for those inevitable accidents. It's completely reusable, washes easy like any other cloth diaper and for a cost of only $12.99, you can't go wrong. I was amazed at how pricey a package of 20 disposable training pants costs, no matter which brand you choose! The Pampers brand was the same cost as the all natural, Seventh Generation brand at Whole Foods. And you almost never see those price comparisons! So since potty training can take some time, I highly recommend investing in some reusable cloth training pants such as the Bummis pant.
- Caution: Eye irritant. Avoid contact with eyes. In case of eye contact, remove contact lenses, flush eyes thoroughly and repeatedly with water. Call physician if necessary. Keep out of reach of children.
- Another detergent that is TRULY TRUE Free & Clear making it a perfect option for your cloth diaper laundering. Cleans clothes & diapers thoroughly yet is gentle on fabrics, leaving virtually no residue or perfume that can irritate sensitive skin. Just one small scoop of the powder or one ounce of the liquid leaves clothes clean, bright and fresh smelling. An optional one ounce pump fits gallon size for easy dispensing.
- Allen's Naturally Detergents are recommended by the manufacturers of Fuzzi Bunz, Happy Heinys, and most other manufacturers for cleaning their products. But because Allen's washes completely clean, it makes a fine cleanser for all your cloth diapers and laundry needs.
- Allen's concentrated formula ensures you are paying for actual detergent rather than water or fill. Each load costs as little as $.30 a load: About 35% less than other natural detergents available at your local grocers.
- Use only 1/4 the recommended amount of detergent for high efficiency front-loading washers.
I sampled Allens Naturally while cleaning Park's cloth diapers. In the past I have found that no matter what brand laundry soap I use to clean cloth diapers, I still struggle with having to include an extra rinse cycle onto the load of wash. With Allens Naturally, I was very satisfied with its cleaning power. I appreciated that I could tell it worked well in cleaning even the messiest of diapers and the diapers came out of the wash smelling fresh...something I've struggled with since I began cloth diapering. There is no scent to Allens Naturally, which to some is a good thing. I actually prefer to have a light, refreshing scent to my laundered items. But overall, this product worked very well and I would highly recommend this liquid detergent to anyone cloth diapering or anyone who prefers hypoallergenic and all natural laundry soaps.
I want to thank Diaper Envy, once again, for the wonderful opportunity to review more of their great array of products available on their online store. We've loved everything!!!
You can purchase the Bummis Training Pant, Allens Naturally or any one of their other cloth diapering products on Diaper Envy's online store here.
(author of) The Curious Case of Mommyhood
The Bummis Training pant and Allens Naturally were provided to me by Diaper Envy online for review. All opinions about this product are purely my own. (For more information, please see my Disclosure under my "Reviews" page).