Saturday, January 16, 2010

May the Power of Blogging be with You

The last few days I have found myself sitting in my comfortable little chair in my comfortable little home curiously checking the news every few hours for updates on the earthquake disaster in Haiti.  I see the pictures, I read the stories, and try to imagine the reality of the situation.  Reflecting on the many lives lost and of those suffering, reflecting on especially the children who need help I ask myself,  what could I possibly do to help in any way when I am all the way up here?  I am not a rich woman, I have little money to offer.  I don't see any opportunities to catch a plane to Port au Prince to help with the rescue effort.  I feel helpless...but I realize that I do have something...I have the power to reach many.  Gotta love the internet!

I came across a blog post from another mother blogger (who I adore...www.dooce.com) that posted a link to an orphanage in Haiti and thought that if there was something powerful I could do right now...some way to reach as many people at once...reposting this link to the orphanage (and opening up my home) was it.  So here it is.  There are two amazing women who have devoted their lives to orphan children in Haiti who need our help.


Please see the web site http://thatschurch.com.  Read their current status and if you can help in any way, I urge you to please do so. 

Be thankful for we are all so lucky to be alive, to have our families..our loved ones, to live in a country where we can depend on one another, and to be so lucky to be in the situation where we have the ability and opportunity to help those in need.

Mommy Bridget

No comments:

Post a Comment