Saturday, January 2, 2010

The Holidays, oh ya

I've been horrible when it comes to my goal of daily blog work....but I have more than one excuse. The holidays are hectic. With family engagements and and entertaining at our home, it seems as though the last few weeks have been filled with errands, cleaning, cooking, more cleaning, drinking, and more cleaning. And then the worst happens...my family falls inferior to a cold virus. First me...Christmas Eve of all days. I was asleep at 8pm. Then Christmas day. Park didn't open his presents from "Santa" until the afternoon hours. Good thing he has no idea what's really going on.

Then my husband gets ill. The worst is during the night when he coughs and tosses and turns so he can breathe. I think it had been a handful of days at this point where I was reliving the infant stages of motherhood with the sleepless nights and the zombie like appearance.

Then little Park gets sick. He spends a day listless in my arms half asleep, not eating, and feverish. It's now day 3 or 4 of the endless fight for freedom from the cold bug. He finally seems to be over the fever and chills but his cough and sniffles are at hopefully its peak just about to begin its indefinite decent.

Mind you, Park has never had more than a few days of the sniffles and a low grade fever. This is terrible...seeing your little one wimper in agony of the cold oppression. I realize at moments like these that I would do anything to help my child. I love him more than anything imaginable. Holiday plans broken? Done. New Year's Eve plans broken? Done. Do I miss the New Year's Eve night when we all have an excuse to get hammered and dance the night away...not in the least. Ask me if I would rather have spent the last few days doing anything else and I would say never. Being with my son while he needs me most is all I could ever do. And I can tell you that my husband would say the same thing.

So to ring in the New Year, I would like to say may this year be wonderful for you all, may it bring the end of the sniffles, and most of all may it bring prosperity in the love you have for one another.

Mommy Bridget

No comments:

Post a Comment