Monday, November 8, 2010

Let it Snow!!!

Today was a beautiful morning.  My son slept in 30 minutes:)  We woke up to the sound of pouring rain.  As our house began stirring, we listened to beautiful music, cuddled, watched Park dance like "Happy Feet" and talked about how grateful we are for all we have.  After Marshall left, we made chocolate chip muffins which might I just say are so yummy to a pregnant woman at 8 am in the morning!  We then colored and painted and watched the trains and airplanes on Park's new favorite video.  And now we are watching as the rain coming down is turning to snow.

What a beautiful and serene view we are so fortunate to have.

I am beyond grateful that we were able to finish preparing yesterday for winter to officially begin.  I sealed our driveway so the winter shoveling wouldn't disturb it any more, Marshall got our dog kennel up and ready, I put the last minute lawn and garden food into our yard (for the winter months), and put summer yard tools and toys away in the shed.  There is definitely something to be said for feeling "prepared"!  Or maybe I should rephrase that and say there is something to be said about women and our nesting instincts! 

Although we are very grateful for the beautiful fall weather Utah had, I am even more excited about our winter to be here and to watch Park revel and roll around in the snow.  We are already prepared with Park's first sled!  And most of all, I know that our next baby boy will be here this winter and that makes me gitty inside just thinking about it.  We are so excited about having another little baby boy in our family and experiencing our family grow.

I hope you all are enjoying the beginning of our winter months and are as excited as we are about it.  May you all keep warm and snuggly with your loved ones....

Mommy Bridget

No comments:

Post a Comment