Monday, December 21, 2009

Bad Air, Go Away!

Has anyone been outside in Salt Lake the past few days and seen the air?  Disgusting.  I knew this past week it was coming...the forecast predicted it, my chest was beginning to feel tight, and the air appeared mucky more and more each day.  But yesterday as I drove a quick errand, the air appeared in a worse of state as ever.

Pulling out of my driveway, it looked overcast and dreary.  But as I headed west through the roads, the air was congestive.  A thick fog descended onto the car holding my healthy family and our eyes grew wide.  I have never seen anything like it.  It was very depressing to say...THE LEAST.

My nose has been running for the past few days, my running has been postponed, and my son has had to do with play indoors.  When are we going to take the state of our environment seriously?  Why are plants emitting SO2 continuing to run?  How about enforcing stricker guidlines for emissions for vehicles in use or energy plants running 24/7 not only here in Salt Lake but in areas such as LA that release the most emissions into the air that leads to Salt Lake and eastward?  There are so many simple steps to reduce our emissions into the air we breathe.

It's got to stop!  Please support me in taking action to clean the air our children breathe.  Go to www.utahmomsforcleanair.org and join the group, voice your opinion, and educate yourself. 

Thank you,

Mommy Bridget

p.s. Jess, we look forward to heading up your way this morning for some fresh mountain air and good company:)

No comments:

Post a Comment