Saturday, May 15, 2010

Peaceful Parenting: United States' Breastfeeding Laws

peaceful parenting: United States' Breastfeeding Laws

I know that I don't speak often about the importance of breastfeeding and breastfeeding rights, or at least I don't feel I speak about it enough, but I came across this blog post from the Peaceful Parenting blog that I feel is very important for all of you mothers to read and know about your state rights as a breastfeeding mother.

I've never actually researched the laws myself because to be honest with you, I had no idea there were laws in place to (hopefully) protect breastfeeding mothers and babies.  I just always nursed my son wherever and whenever he was hungry or needed me.  It is mindbloggling to think that we even need laws to feed our babies yet alone that there are some places in our country where a hungry infant is not allowed to be fed because others are uncomfortable with it or think it's "inappropriate"...only in our country I swear!

Anyways, check out the link above and get to know your rights as a mother in your area.

Thank you to Peaceful Parenting for doing the research and blogging about such an important topic.

~Mommy Bridget

No comments:

Post a Comment