Monday, May 3, 2010

Nature's Gate Product Review

April 29th, 2010

Nature's Gate Sun Care Products


In the past month, as the sun's intense rays have begun to show their face in sunny Utah, I had the opportunity to review some of Nature's Gate's sun care products.  I was so excited about this review as I have yet to find a sun care product that I am satisfied with AND because I knew we would be going to the desert for a few days where the sun's rays are very intense therefore would be in need of a very good sunblock!

In the past I found it difficult to find sun care products that did not contain ingredients found to be toxic to humans.  When my son was very little, I used a very popular brand sunblock for him and he broke out in little red bumps which took a couple of weeks to go away.  It could have been his age that I used the product (1 month old) but after looking at the ingredients in the product that claimed to be "natural", I'm convinced it was the ingredients that irritated his skin.  After 2 years of mommyhood I can happily say I am much more aware now of the products we use in our family. 

Although it is recommended not to use sunblock on babies 6 months or younger, the American Academy of Pediatrics says it's safe to use IF there is no other way to protect your child's skin from the sun.  However, if necessary, sunblock should only be used on small areas of the body such as the face, back of hands, and ears.  (Click here for a better explanation)  

All of Nature's Gate's products are paraben and phthalate free, contain no animal derived ingredients and have never been tested on animals.  We are very pleased about that!

Park reviewed the "Kid's Block SPF 30" while on our camping trip to the desert this past weekend and it worked perfectly.  His skin didn't get sunburned...surprisingly for where we were located...and it's soothing aloe vera seemed to keep his skin moisturized against the desert's elements.  We also enjoyed the "giggleberry"scent of it!  We are very satisfied with this product's ability to withstand the sun on our little one's delicate skin. 

My husband and I used the "Sport's Block SPF 30" and this also held up to our standards as a good sunblock.  I really like this sunblock too because it has a "dry finish".  When I'm outside in the summer months running or gardening or just hanging out with my son, I would like to use a sunblock that doesn't make my skin greasy.  I actually really dislike that feeling.  This didn't make me feel like I was putting on anything!  It was great and it will definitely be our sun block for the summer.

We were very pleased to be able to review Nature's Gate's sun care products.  Thank you to Nature's Gate for the opportunity to do so!  I encourage you all to give their products a try.  You can find them online at www.natures-gate.com and in many of the natural health sections of your grocery stores or at other natural markets around the country.

Bridget James
(author of) The Curious Case of Mommyhood

No comments:

Post a Comment