Monday, August 30, 2010

Yummy (Tofu) Ranch Dressing

My Mom made the greatest ranch dip for us growing up...and lucky for us, she passed the recipe on.  Not that any of us knew what tofu was when we were in the adolescent years, but the main ingredient in this recipe is a box of tofu.  We had no idea how much healthier it was for us but only that we loved the way it tasted.  Over the years, I've continued to make it as a dip and a dressing.  Lately, I've been eating it daily with my veggies so I thought what a great recipe to pass on to you (especially for those of you with veggies galore from your gardens)! 

Here you go:

  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 ts. salt
  • 1/2 ts. dry mustard
  • 3/4 cup vegetable oil (I use Canola)
  • 2-3 tbls. apple cider vinegar
Blend the above ingredients in a blender under mixed.  Then add:
  • your choice of box tofu (I use plain firm)
  • 1/2 packet of dry ranch mix
Mix well in blender.
  • then add 2 more tbls. apple cider vinegar
Mix well and enjoy!  Your kids will love this...I promise.
~Mommy Bridget

No comments:

Post a Comment