Friday, July 9, 2010

How to Wash and Reuse Plastic Storage Bags | eHow.com

We all know the benefits of using cloth bags instead of plastic bags.  Cloth IS the better choice.  But how about the times when we need to pack food and snacks for our little ones to go?  What is your method for storing food on the go?

I must admit, I love the handiness of zip lock storage bags.  We use them quite often in our household...but we also REUSE them.  So after a good friend (thanks Cari!) brought to my attention this great topic to discuss, I thought I would post a little something about the conservation of plastic storage bags.

After using plastic storage bags, and as long as the bags didn't contain something that could harbor strong bacterial growth (meat, dairy), I soak them in warm-hot soapy water for 15 minutes.  Then I wash them thoroughly with my soap scrubber to ensure they get clean.  Rinse.  Afterward, I dry them by placing them over a cup to make sure they dry all the way through.

I also found a handy "how to" on Ehow.com.  Click the link below to view:
How to Wash and Reuse Plastic Storage Bags | eHow.com

There are even plastic bag drying racks out there to purchase.  This one to the right can be purchased through Amazon.com.  Pretty neat huh?!

So if you are feeling guilty about your plastic storage bag love affair then don't fret, REUSE!
 

~Curious Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment