Sunday, August 14, 2011

Cry it out (CIO): 10 reasons why it is not for us

I recently came across a new blog that I really like. It's called PhD in Parenting...exploring the art and science of parenting. Below is a great post of her take on the CIO controversy but supported, very well I might add, by great sources. I was so happy to read this since it reinforces my belief, despite my lack of sleep these days, that letting your baby cry until it literally passes out is harmful to your little one on so many levels. I once read that Richard Ferber, with the "Ferber Method" of CIO, has since then retracted his belief that it is okay to let your baby cry based on new scientific evidence that it is harmful. I could be wrong, and if I had the time I would dig a little deeper to source this for you all but I don't. Anyways, please check out this great blog post by a great writer!

Cry it out (CIO): 10 reasons why it is not for us

No comments:

Post a Comment