Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Zucchini Never Ends


I was told at the beginning of my garden season that I only needed one zucchini plant (I had 2) because they grow huge and grow uber amounts of produce...unfortunately, I didn't listen because my eyes were glazed over mesmerized by how fast they were already growing.  I guess maybe I underestimated exactly how much one plant can produce in a growing season because we don't even have the room in our refrigerator to store anymore and I've given so much away that those people don't want anymore either.  So I was really excited when I found a little information on what I can do with the plants to ease our frustrated "I've eaten way too much zucchini" palates.

With overgrown zucchini plants and with it nearing the end of the growing season, you can pull up the plants, harvest the last crop and either cook the zucchini to your pleasure or store them in a cool environment until they turn golden.  Apparently, zucchini keeps for many months and can be cooked like any other winter squash.

Sweet!

~Curious Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment