Monday, July 27, 2009

Vacations



I recently returned from a 9 day outing with my husband, our son, and our furry canine Latti. We decided to load up in our Jeep and make a 15 hour trek to visit family. Before I begin, let me just say that our journey was worth every minute!

We planned on taking our son camping for the first time our first night on the road. Wanting to save money and time, we found a campground just off the road in a small town in Wyoming. This was to be my son's very first camping experience...and our's with our son. However, after a sleepless night of our son howling along with the sound of the semi's cruising by on the freeway, we agreed that this would NOT be our first camping experience with our son and that we would never speak of it again.

The next night would cost us $91 in a beautiful cabin in the Black Hills of South Dakota. Worth every penny!

Who ever said children sleep well while camping must have discreetly slipped their little ones Tylenol because between the noises of the outdoors, other campers, vehicles, and movement in the tent I have no idea how this could be so.

Happy Camping! Oh, and thank god for Breathe Right Strips because I don't think I could have handled the better half's snoring too!

Mommy Bridget

No comments:

Post a Comment